AmazonBasics might be a high-ranking company, but from time to time customers have complained about system errors. Fortunately, most of these errors can be fixed on your own. So rather than ignoring the error codes, your appliance is showing its time to note down the AmazonBasics AC error code and get to the bottom of the problem. To help you out we have listed down the most common error codes of AmazonBasics AC.
- AS: Room temperature sensor error.
- ES: Evaporator temperature sensor error.
- HS: Electric heating sensor error.
- CS: Condenser temperature sensor error.
- OS: Outside temperature sensor error.
- E7: Unit malfunction.
|The product does not switch on.||1. Check if the power plug is connected to the power outlet. Check if the power outlet works. 2. Plug’s Leakage Current Detection and Interruption device tripped. Press the RESET button (P). 3. The circuit breaker of the electrical installation tripped. Flip the suspect breaker to the “on” position.|
|The product does not cool efficiently||1. Clean the removable air filter. 2. Check the air vents for obstructions. 3. Adjust the airflow direction. 4. Ensure the doors and windows are closed. 5. Compressor has shut off due to changed operating mode. After switching off the product, wait at least 3 minutes before switching it on again.|
|Ice forms on the product.||1. Clean the removable air filter. 2. Set to the fan mode to remove the ice. Decrease the set temperature to stop ice from forming.|
|The product is noisy and vibrates abnormally.||1. Incorrect installation. Refer to installation instructions. 2. Clean the removable air filter.|
|The product turns on and off rapidly.||1. Outside temperature is extremely hot. Set fan speed to a higher setting. 2. Clean the removable air filter.|
|Water drips inside when the product is on.||Incorrect installation. Refer to installation instructions.|
|Incorrect installation. Refer to installation instructions.||This is normal during excessively humid days. The product is removing large quantity of moisture from the humid room.|
|The product does not respond to the remote control.||1. Operate the remote control within 26 ft (8 m) from the product. 2. Point the remote control directly towards the product when operating.|
Cleaning and Maintenance
Clean the removable air filter at least every 2 weeks. Do not clean the filter with water warmer than 104 °F (40 °C).
Cleaning The Removable Air Filter
- Open the front grill (U) and remove the filter.
- Pull out the -filter on the right side.
- Rinse the filter thoroughly in warm water with mild detergent.
- Gently shake off the excess water from the filter and air-dry it.
- Put the filter back in the main unit and close the front grill (U).
Mode Control Symbols Meaning
To set the mode, press the mode button. The active mode is indicated by the mode indicator.
- Ibis Rooftop AC Error Codes List and Solutions - November 28, 2023
- Kenwood AC Error Codes List and Troubleshooting - November 27, 2023
- AmazonBasics AC Error Codes [Meanings and Solutions] - November 21, 2023