General is known around the world for its quality appliances, but there are a few who know that General is owned by Fujitsu General Limited. A Japanese original that not only markets but manufactures humidity control solutions, air conditioning units, and so much more. With manufacturing units in India, Thailand, and other ends of the world they are able to push its products through various international markets.
General air conditioners are considered to be the best in the world, but that does not mean they are free from error. While they might be the most common choice in most parts of the world, you can easily access and solve issues that arise regardless of where you are based.
There is a time in your life when the most reliable appliance you have starts to show an error. While it might be a dark day, fortunately for you there is a simple solution for most error codes. To help you out we have accumulated a complete list of the General Electric air conditioner error codes. Offering you a chance to find out exactly what is wrong with your appliance, so you can finally make a decision. Rather than fighting with the appliance, or spending endless money on the repair, we suggest you first find the problem and then look for a solution.
|E0||On 70 Pint models only - when water is not pumped out while the unit is running under the Pump mode, E0 and the pump light will flash on the display.|
|E1||Electronic control board function error. Unplug the window air conditioner for 1 minute and then plug it back in to reset the electronic control board. If the code doesn’t clear, unplug the window air conditioner and check the wire harness connections on the electronic control board. Check the electronic control board for visible damage such as a burn mark. Replace the electronic control board if it’s damaged or defective.|
|E4||Water bucket is full or defective bucket float switch. If the collection bucket is full, empty the bucket. If the bucket isn’t full, unplug the air conditioner and check the wire harness connections on the electronic control board. Check for a pinched or damaged wire in the wire harness between the electronic control board and the collection bucket float switch. Check the float switch for damage. If the float switch is defective, replace it.|
|88||When power is connected to the unit, "88" will be displayed, this is normal. If a fault or error code appears on the display of the dehumidifier, disconnect power to the unit for 30 seconds. If the fault code reappears, review the Troubleshooting Tips in your Owner's Manual.|
Troubleshooting Tips: Save time and money! Review the chart below first and you may not need to call for service.
Problem: Air conditioner does not start
- The air conditioner is unplugged.
- The fuse is blown/circuit breaker is tripped.
- Power failure.
- The current interrupter device is tripped.
What To Do:
- Make sure the air conditioner plug is pushed completely into the outlet.
- Check the house fuse/circuit breaker box and replace the fuse or reset the breaker.
- If power failure occurs, turn the air conditioner OFF. When power is restored, wait 3 minutes to restart the air conditioner to prevent tripping of the com press or overload.
- Press the RESET button located on the power cord plug.
Problem: Air conditioner does not cool or heat as it should
- Airflow is restricted.
- The temp control may not be set correctly.
- The air filter is dirty.
- The room may have been hot.
- Cold air is escaping.
- Cooling coils have iced up.
What To Do:
- Make sure there are no curtains, blinds or furniture blocking the front of the air conditioner.
- ln COOL mode or HEAT mode (some models), press the DECREASE- pad.
- Clean the filter at least every 30 days,
- When the air conditioner is first turned on, you need to allow time for the room to cool down.
- Check for open furnace registers and cold air returns,
- See “Air conditioner freezing up”below.
Problem: Air conditioner freezing up
Possible Causes: Ice blocks the airflow and stops the air conditioner from cooling the room.
What To Do:
- Set the controls at HIGH FAN or HIGH COOL and set the thermostat to a higher temperature to allow the ice to melt.
- Check filter for cleanliness.
Problem: The remote control is not working
- The batteries are inserted incorrectly.
- The batteries may be dead.
What To Do:
- Check the position of the batteries, They should be inserted correctly.
- Replace the batteries,
Problem: Water drips outside
Possible Causes: Hot, humid weather.
What To Do: This is normal.
Problem: Water drips indoors
Possible Causes: The air conditioner is not tilted to the outside.
What To Do: For proper water disposal, make sure the air conditioner case is level or slants slightly from the case from to the rear.
Problem: Water collects in base pan
Possible Causes: Moisture removed from air and drains into base pan.
What To Do: This is normal for 0 short period in areas with little humidity; normal for a longer period in very humid areas.
- Trane VRF Error Codes – How To Resolve Them - September 28, 2023
- Haier MRV Air Conditioner Error Codes – Here Are The Solutions - September 28, 2023
- Blue Star AC Error Codes – Causes and How to Easily Fix Them - September 22, 2023