Koppel is a Philippine-based company that started back in 1904 as a distributor of railway equipment. They commonly dealt with sugarcane cars, cargo cars, bulk carriers, and tankers for the Philippine National Railways. It was not until 1923 when the company joined hands with American Conglomerate that they started manufacturing and distributing American standard air conditioners.
However, it was not until 1957 that the company started to manufacture and market split and packaged air conditioning equipment. Making their move in the golden era they easily became a leader in the industry. In the years to come, the company went through a great deal, but Koppel managed to keep its focus on commercial and residential air conditioning systems.
Koppel might be a high-ranking company, but from time to time customers have complained about system errors. Fortunately, most of these errors can be fixed on your own. To help you out we have listed down some of the most common error codes for Koppel Air Conditioners. Start by noting down the error code, and match it using the list below. Once you have the error code you can easily work your way to the fix. Knowing what exactly the issue is, you are more likely to save time and money when looking for a quick and affordable fix.
|E0||Indoor unit EEPROM parameter error|
|E1||Indoor / outdoor units communication error|
|E2||Zero-crossing signal error|
|E3||Indoor fan speed has been out of control|
|E4||Open circuit or short circuit of indoor room temperature T1|
|E5||Open circuit or short circuit of evaporator coil temperature T2 sensor|
|E6||Malfunction of indoor fan motor|
|EC||Refrigerant Leakage Detection|
|F1||Open circuit or short circuit of outdoor ambient T4 temperature sensor|
|F2||Open circuit or short circuit of condenser coil temperature T3 sensor|
|F3||Open circuit or short circuit of compressor discharge T5 temperature sensor|
|F4||Outdoor unit EEPROM parameter error|
|F5||Outdoor fan speed has been out of control|
|P0||IPM malfuntion of IGBT over-strong current protection|
|P1||Over voltage or over low voltage protection|
|P2||High temperature protection of compressor top diagnosis and solution|
|P4||Inverter compressor drive sensor|
|Strange odour||Air filter dirty|
|Noise of running water||Back flow of liquid in the refrigerant circulation|
|A fine mist comes from the air outlet||This occurs when the air in the room becomes very cold, for example in the COOLING or DEHUMIDIFYING/DRY modes|
|A strange noise can be heard||This noise is made by the expansion or contraction of the front panel due to variations in temperature and does not indicate a problem.|
|The display is off||Active LED function|
|The air conditioner cannot be started for operation after it is turned off||Start the operation after 3 minutes. This is to protect the air conditioner. The microchip protection device for 3 minutes' delay performs its function. When the machine is powered for the first time. this function does not work|
|Frog is blown out during the cooling operation||When the indoor temperature and humidity is high, such phenomena might occur. When the indoor temperature and humidity drops, the frog will disappear|
|There is odd smell of the delivered air||It might be the smell of cigarette smoke or other things inside the air conditioner|
|There is "squeezing" sound||It might be caused by the cycling of the refrigerant inside the air conditioner|
|There is "patting" sound||It might be caused by the heat expansion of contraction of the plastic parts|
|There is moisture at the air outlet grids||If the air conditioner operates in high humidity for long time, moisture may be condensed at the grids and become water drops|
- Digital Displayer: in usual operation, in fan mode, ıt indicates room temperature; in cool or dry mode, ıt indicates setting temperature; in timer operation, when pressing the timer button, it indicates timer time, if the time has not been be adjusted after 5 seconds, it indicates temperature again; lf room temp sensor failure, ıt indicates temperature at 25‘c (77°f).
- Remote Controller Signal Receiver
- Timer Button: if unit is running, press this button will enter switch-off mode; if unit is off (in standby mode), press this button will enter switch-on mode.
- Speed Button: press this button to set air rate you want: high, med, low.
- Mode Button: press this button,it advances the operation mode as follows: cool -dry-fan(heat for cooling and heating model) – auto
- Temp-timer Button: in usual, press this button to adjust setting temperature within a range of 16‘c(61°f) to 32’s (90“f).
- Swing Button: pressing this button will adjust the air swinging direction or the air delivery in fixed direction.
EEPROM parameter error diagnosis and solution E0/F4:
- Trane VRF Error Codes – How To Resolve Them - September 28, 2023
- Haier MRV Air Conditioner Error Codes – Here Are The Solutions - September 28, 2023
- Blue Star AC Error Codes – Causes and How to Easily Fix Them - September 22, 2023