Panasonic Split Air Conditioner Troubleshooting
If your air conditioner does not work properly, first check the following points before requesting service. If it still does not work properly, contact your dealer or a service center.
Air conditioner does not run at all.
1. Power failure.
2. Leakage circuit breaker has tripped.
3. Line voltage is too low.
4. Operation button is turned off.
5. The wireless remote controller or heat pump is malfunctioning.
6. Batteries in wireless remote controller have run down.
1. Restore power.
2. Contact service center.
3. Consult your electrician or dealer.
4. Press the button again.
5. Consult your dealer.
6. Replace batteries.
Compressor runs but soon stops.
1. Obstruction in front of condenser coil.
1. Remove obstruction.
Poor cooling (or heating) performance.
1. Dirty or clogged air filter.
2. Heat source or many people in room.
3. Doors and/or windows are open.
4. Obstacle near air intake or air discharge port.
5. Thermostat is set too high for cooling (or too low for heating).
6. (Outdoor temperature is too low).
7. (Defrosting system does not work.)
1. Clean air filter to improve the airflow.
2. Eliminate heat source if possible.
3. Shut them to keep the heat (or cold) out.
4. Remove it to ensure good airflow.
5. Set the temperature lower (or higher).
6. (Consult your dealer.)
7. (Consult your dealer.)
Lamps on the indoor unit are flashing.
1. Trouble in wiring system
1. Contact service center.
Tips for Energy Saving
- Do not block the air intake and outlet of the unit. If either is obstructed, the unit will not work well, and may be damaged.
- Do not let direct sunlight into the room. Use sunshades, blinds or curtains.If the walls and ceiling of the room are warmed by the sun, it will take longer to cool the room.
- Always try to keep the air filter clean. (Refer to “Care and Cleaning”.) A clogged filter will impair the performance of the unit.
- To prevent conditioned air from escaping, keep windows, doors and any other openings closed.
Should the power fail while the unit is running
If the power supply for this unit is temporarily cut off, the unit will automatically resume operation once power is restored using the same settings before the power was cut off.