American Standard air conditioner error code and get to the bottom of the problem. To help you out we have listed down the most common error codes of American Standard air conditioners.
Heat Pumps and AC Alert Codes
|1 Flash||Ambient Temp Sensor is out of range (open/shorted). Initiate a 15 minute forced Defrost after every 60 minutes of runtime.|
|2 Flash||Coil Temp Sensor is out of range (open/shorted). Initiate a 15 minute forced Defrost after every 60 minutes of runtime.|
|3 Flash||Low Pressure Switch is open. 3 flash goes away when/if LPCO closes.|
|4 Flash||Hard Lock Out (can only be cleared with power cycle). Occurs after 4th trip of LPCO.|
|5 Flash||Soft Lock Out. 5 flash goes away after soft lockout periods expires.|
|6 Flash||Defrost cycles too close together. Heating Short Cycle Fault triggers 6 flash and 5 flash codes. Follow Soft Lock Out sequence until Hard Lock Out (4 flash) or can clear if conditions no longer exists.|
|7 Flash||In Timed Defrost mode. Check Ambient sensor placement and verify SOV is operating properly. Implied sensor fault (calibration/range) set after defrost and reset after 15 minutes run time after defrost.|
|8 Flash||In Timed Defrost mode. Check Coil sensor placement and verify SOV is operating properly. Outdoor temperature is below -7'F|
|9 Flash||Low Ambient Soft Lockout. Outdoor temperature dropped below 3F. (OFF at -7F/ON at 3F) Outdoor temperature is below -7'F|
|13 Flash||Fault with the external temperature sensor|
|17 Flash||High pressure problem|
|Amber light on||Unit requires refrigerant.|
|Green light on||Unit is operating normally.|
- Initiate Adaptive/Timed Defrost so long as Coil Temp Sensor is functional. Monitor actual time in defrost and add or reduce run time until next forced defrost based on achieving a 4 minute (+/- 1) defrost period.
- 1st LPCO trip results in a 15 minute soft lockout period.
- If both Coil Temp Sensor and Ambient Temp Sensor are failed, initiate a 15 minute forced defrost after ever 60 minutes of run time.
- Do not track if Y cycles off or if defrost takes 15 minutes (Max Time Override). Ambient Sensor reading is monitored at the end of defrost and should not deviate more than +/-5F. Ambient Sensor must report a lower temperature than the Coil Sensor immediately after defrost (Coil Sensor should always be higher than Ambient Sensor when defrost terminates).
- Do not track if Y cycles off or if defrost takes 15 minutes (Max Time Override). Coil Sensor reading is monitored at the end of defrost and reading must be less than Ambient Sensor after 15 minutes of run time
- Once ambient drops to -7F or lower, wait 5 minutes before soft lockout begins. During soft lock out the Y signal passes through to the X2 output. Resume operation when ambient temperature rises to 3F or higher and after a 15 minute soft lockout period expires.
- During a Hard Lockout, the X2 relay opens so that the Y signal does not pass though.
Fault Code Recovery
On power up, last 4 faults, if any, will be flashed on the red LED. The newest fault detected will flash first and the oldest last. There will be a 2 second delay between fault code flashes. Solid red LED error codes will not be displayed. The Green LED will be on solid during last fault recovery. At any other time the control is powered, the Green LED indicator light will operate as shown in Table 14 and the red LED will flash LitePort data (one flash) every 20 seconds.
Fault Code Reset
The last 4 fault codes can be erased from memory by powering up the control with “G” energized and then applying “R” to the “W1” terminal 3 times within 6 seconds. The control will acknowledge the reset by turning on the red LED for 2 seconds.
|Insufficient heating or cooling||a. dirty filters b. air not circulating freely c. blocked outdoor coil Remedy: a. clean or replace b. check supply registers and return grills for blockage c. clear away leaves or other debris|
|Failure to operate||a. power off b. open circuit breaker or burned‑out fuses c. improperly adjusted thermostat Remedy: a. make sure main switch is in ON position b. reset circuit breaker, or replace burned‑out fuses c. check setting, adjust thermostat|
|Blue auxiliary heat light on||When outdoor temperature falls, intermittent lighting is normal Remedy: Monitor light. If it stays on continuously when above 30°F, or if it comes on when 50°F outdoors, call for service.|
|No Heating or Cooling – Blower does not operate||Blower door removed or ajar Remedy: Close door securely to restore power to blower|
Troubleshooting: Compressor fails to start, Contactor check
- AmazonBasics AC Error Codes [Meanings and Solutions] - November 21, 2023
- Comfort Aire AC Error Codes – Problems And Their Meaning - November 15, 2023
- Midea VRF Error Codes and Self Diagnosis Explained - November 9, 2023